The Bay is Back!

Bay Window reveals new website; social media sites

Jessica Dennis, Managing Editor

Hello and welcome to The Bay Window’s brand-new website! This site was created after several thoughtful conversations with MCC staff and students were held about where we wanted to see BW’s future. As an award-winning publication, BW will keep creating innovative content, following the ethics of the Society for Professional Journalists, and most of all, informing our readers. By moving to a fully digital publication, BW will be better able to provide instant, breaking news to our readers. The distinct advantage of having BW online 24/7 – whether you’re going directly to our website or browsing one of our social media sites – is that campus news is readily available at the click of a button on your phone, or laptop. No more waiting for a monthly publication!

This year marks The Bay Window’s 95th birthday. What began as a small, student newspaper in 1926, has now grown into an award-winning publication. As the new, managing editor of BW, my personal goals for the 2021-2022 school year include building this newspaper into an influential business through which students can gain invaluable, real-world experience. Additionally, students from all majors – not just journalism and writing majors – are welcome to contribute to BW. The true purpose of a student newspaper is to give the student body a voice. Are you ready to use yours?

• Jessica Dennis, Managing Editor, The Bay Window