The San Diego Gaslamp Quarter bar shooting on Sunday claimed the life of a 46-year-old man.
According to Lt. Travis Easter, a spokesman for the San Diego Police Department, the incident happened on the third floor of a pub located at 701 Sixth Ave. on Sunday at approximately 5:15 p.m.
There is a listing for the Cielo Rooftop Lounge.
According to Easter, when police arrived at the scene of the incident, they discovered a man on the ground in a third-floor hallway who had been wounded at least once. At the scene, he was declared dead. His name has been concealed until his family has been notified.
Get Downtown News in your inbox community news that connects and informs.
Register to receive breaking news, the Times of San Diego daily at 8 a.m., and free weekly news about Downtown San Diego. Update whenever you want. You acknowledge and agree to the terms by clicking “Sign Up.”
According to the lieutenant, officers also discovered multiple individuals holding a man who was identified as the gunman on the pavement outside the building. Officers were led to a firearm they said they had found on him.
Bryan Tyner, 37, of San Diego, was taken into custody by officers and is anticipated to be charged with homicide, according to Easter.
Get neighborhood news in your inbox. It’s free and enlightening.
Become one of the 20,000+ individuals who receive breaking news alerts and the Times of San Diego in their inbox every day at 8 a.m.
Weekly updates from San Diego communities have also been provided! You acknowledge and agree to the terms by clicking “Sign Up.” Choose from the options below.
Officers analyzed evidence and spoke with witnesses as part of a crime scene investigation that lasted into the evening, he said.
Call the Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293 or San Diego Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477 if you have any information on the case.