From the Office of the President: As of Monday, March 15, Masks Optional

Campus Community: In response to the latest CDC guidelines, masks are welcome and optional on the Muskegon Community College campus, but as of Monday, March 14, 2022, they are no longer required except under the following condition. An individual who has had a positive test and/or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 MUST still report via the Self-Reporting form and wear a mask when requested by the college. Meanwhile, anyone experiencing COVID symptoms or other illnesses should NOT enter any MCC campus location. In all other cases, the wearing of masks will now be optional inside MCC buildings. However, each of us must respect any individual’s decision to continue wearing a mask – a preference asserted by 20% of our students and employees in a campus poll conducted last week.  We will continue offering free masks and hand sanitizer at building entrances. Our Physical Plant staff will maintain the cleaning protocols put into place at the outset of the coronavirus. Social distancing and staying six feet from others, whenever possible, in common spaces are encouraged. The safety of our students, employees, and visitors remains our top priority. As a Vaccine Champion College with a 70 percent vaccination rate, we are encouraged by the growing number of vaccinated individuals and the declining number of active COVID cases across the nation. We are hopeful if we all remain vigilant in our preventative measures, both trends continue. We monitor the situation daily and, if warranted, could return to mandatory masking.In the two years since the coronavirus first directly impacted the MCC campus, our dedicated students, faculty, and staff have never stopped rising to the challenges we faced collectively. I could not be prouder. Along the way, we celebrate the many small hurdles we overcome. Today, we not only smile that wearing masks is optional but, better yet, now we can actually see all those happy faces. Dale K. Nesbary, Ph.D. President